Commercial fire garage doors provide several benefits for your business. Manufacturers typically build these doors from fire-rated steel, which can contain a fire and prevent it from spreading. They also have an overhead opening mechanism, making them easy to open and close. Additionally, commercial fire safety garage doors can be custom-made to fit the specific needs of your building.
The purpose of fire-rated commercial doors is to prevent smoke and fire from spreading throughout a building. Fire-rated garage doors close automatically when the fire alarm triggers at the presence of smoke or when the door reaches a specific temperature from the heat of flames.
Essential benefits of fire doors
Commercial, fire-rated safety garage doors offer business and property owners many benefits. Some of the most important benefits include:
1) Protection from fire – commercial fire doors can help protect your property from fire damage. Manufacturers build fire doors from steel and other materials that resist heat and flames, helping to keep the door itself from burning and blocking access to the building in a fire.
2) Increased security – fire safety garage doors can provide a much higher level of security for your property than traditional garage doors. These doors have more secure locking mechanisms, making them harder to break into or damage.
3) Improved energy efficiency – commercial fire-safety garage doors can also help improve your building’s energy efficiency. Fire doors contain insulation materials that help keep the heat in during winter and out during summer, helping to save you money on your energy bills.
Where would you install fire-rated doors?
Fire doors limit the spread of smoke and fire in commercial and industrial buildings. There are several typical locations throughout a commercial structure where you might install fire-rated doors, including:
- Stairwell entrances
- Factory entrances
- Passageways between buildings
- Access to areas containing hazardous materials
What types of businesses could benefit from installing fire doors?
There are specific types of buildings required by fire and building codes to have fire doors. These doors provide an added layer of safety to the work environment for your employees and customers, and neighboring businesses. Examples of businesses that use fire doors on their premises include:
- Chemical plants
- Storage units
- Manufacturing plants
- Industrial garages
- Automotive repair shops
Fire doors protect the people on your premises from spreading smoke and fire. They are connected to the smoke alarm system to activate automatically in the presence of smoke or fire. Fire doors can contain a fire that might burn for hours, keeping it from entering the areas where people need to evacuate. In addition, they add security and safety, protecting both people and property.
If you are looking for a commercial garage door that can help keep your business safe from fire, a fire door is the best option. When you are ready to install fire doors in your commercial building, work with the professional door technicians at A1 Door Company. We offer guidance in selecting, installation, testing, and maintenance of commercial and residential garage doors. Contact our commercial garage door specialists today to learn more about fire safety doors.